Monday, December 22, 2008

Decorating Gingerbread Houses!

We decorated gingerbread houses tonight for Family Night. This is one of my favorite activities to do with the kids for Christmas. We always buy two so that it isn't quite so crowded with all hands on one house:) The kids had such a fun time. Derek just wanted to take the candy off the house or out of the bowl and eat it. He would sit and watch with his hands on his cheeks and elbows on the counter and take a piece of candy every now and again to eat...and he was happy as can be:)

Here they are just getting started...

Looking good:)


Derek:)

The hands on the cheeks thing...LOL!

Mikayla

Good boy...eating candy:)

Getting closer...

Derek & Katelyn

Whitney & Mikayla

Katelyn having a taste..hehe

The finished houses!!

They were so excited to do Christmas lights on the roof & tree...SO CUTE!!

Derek & Mikayla...it turned out so cute:)

Whitney & Katelyn...very cute as well!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness - Derek seriously is the cutest little boy ever! I love the hands on the cheeks thing :) hehe

Lacie said...

How much fun. I loved decorating our house. The hands are way funny! You are going to have that baby before you know it:)!!!

Bryan and Sarah said...

What a fun activity! I can't believe how good the gingerbread houses turned out - they look great! Thanks also for your post about Grandpa; I borrowed the picture too. See you on Saturday!