Ryan planned a surprise trip to Denver for him and I to go see Wicked! He got the babysitters planned, the tickets, flights and hotel and off we went! Thank you Bobby Jo, Stephanie & Matt for taking care of the kids while we were gone...you guys are the best;)
This was our Hotel...it was awesome! We were within walking distance of the Buell Theatre where Wicked was playing, tons of restaurants, and the 16th street mall that had 16 blocks of outdoor shopping, dining, and entertainment with a free shuttle.
The Lobby...

Our Room on the 13th floor on Friday the 13th! Each floor of the hotel has a theme, a funny saying in the elevator, and a different wake up call. When we got off the elevator it would say..."Here's Johnny!"

Here are some of the funny things hanging in the hallway on our floor...
This was right as the elevator doors opened...kinda creepy LOL!





I told him he was supposed to look SCARED...LOL
From the movie "Psycho"...

Friday night we ate at "The Corner Office" Restaurant

I thought this wall of clocks all set to 5 o'clock was cool:)

Then we walked over to "Liks" ice cream and got the best raspberry swirl ice cream cone in a waffle cone...it was snowing outside and a little cold but we didn't care,
the ice cream was SO GOOD!!

Then we went to "Wicked" at Buell Theatre...It was amazing! The actors did such a great job, the music was awesome, & I loved the story line! It is crazy to me how much time and preparation went into the show. Thanks babe;) I had such a great time!

Outside the Theatre

Pictures of us outside afterwards:)



Saturday morning we ate breakfast at little restaurant called Sams No.3. I love eating breakfast out:) We had hot chocolate, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and the BEST french toast! I'm not sure what I am going to do when I get a craving for it...

Self picture at breakfast:)
Ready to do some shopping...

Us at 16th Street Mall...sometimes it's just easier to take turns taking pictures of each other instead of trying to find someone that looks like they might know how to use a camera...lol




It looked cool all lit up at night...


Ryan & I eating dinner at...The Cheesecake Factory!
I LOVE that place...good thing there is one everywhere we go:)


I'm not sure exactly why I looked up when I was having my picture taken??
It made us laugh though:)
Then we rented a movie from Redbox--gotta love Redbox-- & went back to the hotel
and ate cheesecake and watched a movie:)
Sunday morning we had breakfast and took the shuttle to the airport...we were supposed to depart at 12:59...but the flight was delayed until 1:44...and then 2:16...and then 2:11 and then 2:22 and I think we FINALLY actually got on the plane at 3:00. We had fun shopping in the airport and we got pizza bread-sticks and a smoothie to keep us happy while we waited an extra 2 hours:)
I thought I would take some pictures out the window once we were in the sky...I am pretty sure people thought I was weird LOL! But the kids thought they were pretty cool...



Ryan by the plane window:)



We made it home by about 5:00 Sunday night. I think it was my favorite vacation so far...not that I have had many ...but you know:) Thanks Ryan for planning everything;) Can't wait to go again sometime...I am already craving Sam's breakfast!!
This was right as the elevator doors opened...kinda creepy LOL!
I told him he was supposed to look SCARED...LOL
Friday night we ate at "The Corner Office" Restaurant
I thought this wall of clocks all set to 5 o'clock was cool:)
Then we walked over to "Liks" ice cream and got the best raspberry swirl ice cream cone in a waffle cone...it was snowing outside and a little cold but we didn't care,
the ice cream was SO GOOD!!

Then we went to "Wicked" at Buell Theatre...It was amazing! The actors did such a great job, the music was awesome, & I loved the story line! It is crazy to me how much time and preparation went into the show. Thanks babe;) I had such a great time!

Outside the Theatre
Pictures of us outside afterwards:)
Saturday morning we ate breakfast at little restaurant called Sams No.3. I love eating breakfast out:) We had hot chocolate, eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, and the BEST french toast! I'm not sure what I am going to do when I get a craving for it...

Self picture at breakfast:)
Ready to do some shopping...
Us at 16th Street Mall...sometimes it's just easier to take turns taking pictures of each other instead of trying to find someone that looks like they might know how to use a camera...lol
It looked cool all lit up at night...


Ryan & I eating dinner at...The Cheesecake Factory!
I LOVE that place...good thing there is one everywhere we go:)

I'm not sure exactly why I looked up when I was having my picture taken??
It made us laugh though:)
and ate cheesecake and watched a movie:)
Sunday morning we had breakfast and took the shuttle to the airport...we were supposed to depart at 12:59...but the flight was delayed until 1:44...and then 2:16...and then 2:11 and then 2:22 and I think we FINALLY actually got on the plane at 3:00. We had fun shopping in the airport and we got pizza bread-sticks and a smoothie to keep us happy while we waited an extra 2 hours:)
I thought I would take some pictures out the window once we were in the sky...I am pretty sure people thought I was weird LOL! But the kids thought they were pretty cool...

6 comments:
Your weekend away looks so fun! Wicked is so good, don't you think? How fun of your husband to plan it all!
I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! It makes babysitting SO worth it to hear about how much fun you guys had :) I hope the games got recorded ok for Ryan, Matt said that for some reason the BYU game went all blurry half way through so I'm sure it got recorded that way - sorry!
Looks like a lot of fun!
How fun! Every second just looks like it was so wonderful! I am glad that you two got away and had some fun! You deserve every minute!!!!
Can't stop laughing at the picture of "scared" Ryan!!! LOL!!! :)
Glad you guys had a great time! Denver looks like a pretty cool place ;)
What a fun trip, How funny cuz just 2 years ago we went to denver to see wicked and stayed in the exact Hotel! Glad you got a getaway!
Post a Comment