Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Track Meet!

Mikayla had a Track meet today. She did the softball throw & ran in the 100 Meter, 200 Meter, & the 4 x 100 Meter Relay. She threw the softball 43'10" but was not one of the finalists. Her first race was the 100 Meter and she came in first place in her heat! Then she ran the 200 Meter and came in first place in her heat as well! Then they did semi-finals with all those that got first place on the 100 Meter and she came in 3rd for her heat! Then she ran in the 4 x 100 relay and her team came in 4th. She did really well and I was so proud of her...and of course I was screaming at the finish line GO MIKAYLA...GO GO GO GO!!!!!!! Mikayla did so good and I was so proud to see her cross the finish line in first place! WAY TO GO MIKAYLA!

Mikayla and her friends:
Jentrie, Mikayla, Lexi, & Kacey

Kacey & Mikayla after the softball throw...
GREAT job girls!

Warming up for the 100 Meter race...

Waiting for the gunshot...(butterflies)

Start of the 100 Meter race...
I was recording the end so there are no pictures of her crossing the finish line,
But she came in first place!:)

200 Meter run...

The end of her 200 Meter run...
exhausted but she came in first place!


Standing by the finish line:)

Start of 100 Meter Semi-Finals


Running the 100 Meter Semi-Finals...
She came in 3rd place!

Getting ready for the 4 x 100

Derek- waiting at the finish line for Mikayla:)

They also had a "lollipop race" for the 3 year olds, so Derek was pretty excited about that! He went down and ran 50 Meters and got a lollipop at the end of the race:) It all happened really fast so I only got one picture of him running from behind...
he is in lane 3 with the striped shirt on hehe...SO CUTE:)



1 comment:

Jennifer Parcell said...

THat was such a fun day! I was glad to spend a bit of the day with you! Watching our kids when we are so into it is great! I love your cheers! If I were running, I would want you there cheering me on! lol Mikayla did awesome! Those long legs ran miles ahead of the others! I am still coveting your coat! Thanks again for the pictures~