Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grotto Hike

We took the kids and hiked the Grotto trail up Payson canyon. They had a lot of fun hiking up and were excited to see and play in the water and waterfall when we got to the top. When the hike started Mikayla said, " just so you know I'm not a big fan of the outdoors" I had to laugh! I asked her why and she said, "well you know there are bugs and spiders and dirt and weeds and I don't like those very much". That is Mikayla to a T...although by the time we were done she agreed that she was enjoying the outdoors a little more:)

Ready for the hike
Addy

It was such a pretty hike


Derek telling me about the river



Throwing rocks in the river...

Addy just hanging out in the stroller

Derek


The waterfall...it was such a nice day!

Dad & the kids


I thought of this great idea to take Derek behind the waterfall...
As you can see he wasn't too thrilled:)

1 comment:

Jennifer Parcell said...

That looks so much fun! I have never even heard of it! WHere is this? I have to take my kids! I love waterfalls! You look so cute in the waterfall pic with derek! You look like a cute little sixteen year old!