Monday, April 14, 2008

AFTER: My Poor Little Whitney:(


For those of you who don't know...Whitney has had quite a hard time keeping from knocking her front teeth out. She first knocked them out in our last house driving down the driveway on her bike. I was inside and Steve Swasey brought her in and said..."UH... you may want to look at this." Sure enough her two front teeth were knocked back in her mouth at like a 45 degree angle towards the back of her mouth...YIKES! So I held her still and pulled them forward until they were straight and pushed them back up into her gums....and they made it! Well the roots weren't very well established so she kept hitting them on things and they would pop out of place and start bleeding and I would have to pop them back in. Well we had been good for about 9 months until Yesterday:( Whitney was riding her scooter and she fell and knocked one of her front teeth completely out and got a pretty fat lip and a few scrapes on her face. I feel so bad for her.....I am hoping she will learn to catch herself with her hands before she gets permanent teeth LOL!

5 comments:

Jen B. said...

OH NO!!! That poor girl!! I can't believe her luck!!! That sucks how are you holding up?

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

I was a little upset at first in fact I stuck the tooth back in...then I came back to reality & realized it was done...there is no turning back she is just going to be toothless for awhile:( Her swollen face just makes me feel so bad!

Jennifer Parcell said...

I think maybe a helmet and mouthguard are in order! Thats if the hands things dosn't pan out! But seriously, I feel so bad for her and the pain she has gone through! She always seems to be such a trooper though!

shannon said...

What are you going to do with that girl. Maybe Ryan should go to school to be a dentist:) Tell her hope she feels better, and tell Mikayla she looks so cute sitting at that piano, just like a pro:)

Donny and Camie said...

Poor Whitney! Maybe she'll grow up to be a stunt woman! LOL!!! Your blog is always so cute! Where are you getting these cute layouts? I wish we could hang out this weekend...we'll have to get together another time! Have a good one!