Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Paul!

June 4, 1979-June 9, 2002
I thought I would do a tribute to my older brother Paul for his birthday today:). He would be 29 today! We miss you & Love you! Happy Birthday Paul!

"We little knew that morning that god was going to call your name. In life we loved you dearly, in death we do the same. It broke our hearts to lose you, you did not go alone; for part of us went with you, the day god called you home. You left us peaceful memories, your love is still our guide; and though we cannot see you, you are always at our side. Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same; but as god calls us one by one, the chain will link again."


This is a picture of him and I when we were younger...a favorite:)

6 comments:

shannon said...

That is such a cute picture of you two. I love the tribute and the poem about the family chain, it's really nice:)

Jennifer Parcell said...

Melissa that was touching! I can't imagine losing a brother! I wish I could have known you then so I could have been a shoulder to cry on for you! It is so important to remember and honor the lives of the loved ones we have lost! This is one of theose moments that it helps to have a knowledge and belief in the eternal aspect of family! I love you and thank you for helping me to see and remember the big picture of our lives!

Jennifer Parcell said...

By the way I love the Footprints in the sand song with Leona Lewis! I love it and it really strikes a cord!

shannon said...

I forgot to tell you thanks for the stuff for the girls, they have LOVED the jumpropes and can't wait for it to get warm enough to use the water balloons:) Thanks

Jen B. said...

That is so sweet. It is nice to hear (or read) about your feelings. I always think its good to think,talk and share about our loved ones that we have lost. Especially, when some of us didn't get a chance to meet him. Thanks for sharing paul with us.

Chelsi said...

It must be hard to be so far from your brother. It's great that you are strong enough to post about him.