Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WhItNeY MaRiE


Whitney's Birthday was last week, she turned 5. She was due on 9/20/2003 & was born 4 days earlier on 9/16/2003 at 7:24 pm, she weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19" long. I remember that the doctor had told me that I could come in that morning to be induced (like ALWAYS) and I was so upset when they called me first thing and told me they were really busy so I would have to wait and they would let me know by 11 am if I could come in. So, Ryan went into work until we found out for sure. I got a call at 11 saying they were still too busy and they would let me know. I remember I wasn't very happy AT ALL..I was so ready to have this baby! So, I decided since I worked in mother/baby just prior to having Whitney I would call the charge nurse, and see if she could pull any strings for me..I was DESPERATE LOL! Well, she told me she would see what she could do and call me back...sure enough she called me back and said, I just talked to them and they said come on in:) So I called Ryan he came home from work we packed up and went in around 12:00. They got us all set up and put me on the antibiotic for group B and then on pitocin, I went from a 2, to a 3, to a 5, to a 10, and about 10 pushes later we had our Whitney...and we decided on her middle name of "Marie" while we were at the hospital:) She has been such a joy in our lives since! She was potty trained when she was 20 months old and she just flat told me..umm mom I don't need a diaper! I was like ok fine..we'll see how this goes, and it went GREAT! She has NEVER peed her pants or the bed since she was 20 months old..by far my best at that! From when she was 2 she has always reminded us to say prayers before bed every night and has always told us that she loves us at least once, sometimes 2 or 3 times as we walk by her bedroom door after she has been tucked in. Whitney LOVES to help with anything she can....depending on what it is she is trying to help with, that can be both a good and a bad thing..LOL! She loves to be just like her big sisters even if that means falling flat on her face and busting her teeth out trying to do things that she isn't quite coordinated enough to do yet:):) We love our Whitney and are so proud of her and the big girl she is...and I still can not believe she is FIVE YEARS OLD!!

2003 Hospital picture:)

2004- 1 Year Old

2005- 2 Years Old

2006- 3 Years Old

2007- 4 Years Old

2008 All grown up & 5 years old!!

Fun in the tub:)

Asleep in her high chair...

Mikayla & Whitney

Katelyn, Whitney, & Mikayla

Katelyn, Whitney, & Mikayla


4 comments:

Chelsi said...

I remember her at 2 in that cute green outfit! You guys have such cute girls! See that's why your getting another one! Happy Birthday Whitney!

shannon said...

She changed so much from 1 to 2. I can't believe it. Any names for the new one? I can't wait to see her. BTW you are such a cute prego mama!

Amanda said...

That was so cute. Really cute pictures too.

Anonymous said...

For the love of beautiful children, keep having more!! You guys should consider selling sperm, your children are just so pretty!!! And Derek is handsome too!!