Monday, September 15, 2008

Whitney's First...& hopefully LAST Bee sting:(

Whitney was playing outside at her preschool while she waited for me to pick her up today, and a bee got up her shirt and stung her on her side:( She was not too happy about it...she told me, "I felt something in my shirt and then something started poking me and it hurt really bad mom!" I heard from someone once to "suck the poison out" and it doesn't hurt them as bad, so I gave it a try...hence the hickey mark around the actual bee sting LOL! She didn't complain at all after I did that though, so it must have worked:)


Whitney and her sad face:(

4 comments:

Jennifer Sciore said...

I have never heard that you could suck the poison out. Are you sure thats not just something they say to see if you would really do it. Like snipe hunting! HAHAHA. I love her sad face.

Stephanie said...

Remember when I got attacked by bees?! OUCH! I still remember being itchy all over and really afraid of bees for a long time :)

Saedi said...

I am laughing so hard right now!!! I love it that you listened to me! I swear it really does work! Poor Whitney, she looks so sad.

Ryan, Melissa, and Family said...

LOL...Saedi, I am glad I could give you a laugh! I was trying not to laugh when I was thinking of doing it too haha...but I do have to agree it worked like a charm:) Thanks!