Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Our Little Monkey!

So, I was practicing piano with Katelyn this morning, and Mikayla came and said "Derek is crying can I go get him out of his crib?" So I said sure, if you change his diaper and get him some breakfast:) So she went and got him and came back in the office and told me that he was standing at the door when she went to get him! YES...HE CLIMBED OUT of his crib:(!!! So I thought well, if he is climbing out anyways, we may as well try the toddler bed out and see how he does with it. So I went and got it out of the basement and stuck it in his room and took his mattress out of his crib and put it on the bed and told him YAY..you get a big boy bed:) He was pretty thrilled, and of course tried jumping on it first thing LOL! Then came nap time..... I put him in his bed and told him night night, go to sleep and left the room and left the door cracked open. I sat outside his door and he just kept saying.."mommy...ah nah ah nigh night...mommy...mommy ah nah ah nigh night" then he finally got out of bed and shut his door and started playing with his toys. So I went in there and told him NO NO...you need to go to sleep now get back in your bed:( So he did with a few sniffles and tears and stayed there until he fell asleep, and OF COURSE I just had to get a picture of his first nap in his big boy bed:) We'll see how tonight goes LOL!

4 comments:

Lacie said...

Hopefully that works then you don't have to deal with it when the baby comes. YEA for you!

Stephanie said...

Oh he looks so cute in his big boy bed :) I remember one time I slept over there in his room and when I woke up in the morning he was standing in his crib just watching me sleep :) So cute :)

Amanda said...

That is just too cute. I am so proud of him for sleeping in his bed.

Jennifer Parcell said...

So I want an update! How did night time go? It is always crazy when change is happening. Sometimes we make it out to be a harder task than it actually ends up being! Like potty training the twins. I post poned that forever and then finally did it. They were pro's in like a day! It was over a year ago, but it feels like a forever ago!