Sunday, November 30, 2008

What to do!?!

So, since I put Derek in his big boy bed he has been really good at sleeping through the night and not getting out....UNTIL he recently learned how to open door handles!! I put him in bed, turn on his night light, and shut his door and he waits until we go to bed and then opens his door and heads right up the stairs to ayla's (Mikayla) bed! The other night we were watching TV and he thought he could sneak out and up the stairs well I caught him and spanked his butt...thinking that would make him stay in bed. Well, I went to check on him a little later and this is what I found......
Apparently the floor was more comfortable.

So, then I put him back in bed and shut his door and went to bed and around 2:00 I woke up and thought I would go check on him...you guessed it, he was upstairs in Mikayla's bed with his blanket and everything. So, I thought ok fine if he will go to sleep I will just leave him with her. Well, 4:00 in the morning all of my kids were awake and downstairs in the office "playing" until dad went in and said GO BACK TO BED...IT IS 4 IN THE MORNING! The next day, he didn't want his nap of course because his sisters are home and he would rather play. So 5:00 rolled around and he climbed up on the couch next to dad with his blanket and in about 2 minutes we had this....
He will fall asleep ANYWHERE...EXCEPT his bed!!!
They are so cute when they are sleeping:) I am just hoping that once the kids get back in school I can get him back on his regular napping schedule and figure out a way to keep him from getting out of his room in the middle of the night every night...wish me luck!:)

5 comments:

Lacie said...

Sleeping kids are SO adorable. I love how he snuggled right into Ryan...how cute!

Hayley said...

that is so funny! What a funny boy, you can tell he loves his sisters

Bryan and Sarah said...

That is so cute and funny. I guess we'll have to get a door on Jessie's room when she gets older!

Jen B. said...

Might I suggest those unattractive white door knob covers....I love that he goes to find Mikayla...So cute!

Stephanie said...

Haha I love this... I'm sure it's a lot funnier now though than it was at 4 am! :) He is so cute! :)