Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Piano Solo Festival

Mikayla and Katelyn both had Solo Festival last Saturday. They each played two solo pieces that they have been practicing since the beginning of December. Mikayla played "Whistlin' Sam" & "Festival of Marakesh." Katelyn played "Ring the Town Bells" & "Splash, Splash." They both did an excellent job and got "Superior" (the highest possible) on their certificates! Way to go girls!! Cameras aren't allowed in the performance area so we took lots of pictures of them before and after their performances:)

Outside the judging room...


Katelyn & Mikayla


Derek wanted in on a picture:)



Whitney, Katelyn, Mikayla, & Derek:)


We were a little early and the sessions were running a little behind so we had some free time in the halls. Derek kept himself busy running back and forth up the hallway...then his big sisters had to join in on the fun as well:)

Running away...lol

And...Coming back...laughing the whole way:)


Such a Happy Boy!

Wow..great shot on Whitney's hair mid-air LOL!

Derek & Mikayla..taking a jog haha:)

Oh... and of course a turn with Katelyn:)


Here are their certificates that they received for their performances...
They did a great job & I was so proud of them and all of their hard work!!



Outside after...it was such a nice sunny day!

A little too sunny for little eyes I guess LOL!

Derek:)

The fam walking in front of me like ducks in a row LOL!

5 comments:

Jennifer Parcell said...

That is awesome! I want to hear them play the songs! Ashley has been begging me to sign her up for lessons! And Allie and Conner, but Caden is torn. We are going to have a lady by ed and steph teach us all up at their house on the grand piano once a week. Now I have to buy a keyboard for practice! Yay more money I get to spend!

Stephanie said...

Such cuties! Good Job on the superior ratings girls! :)

Saedi said...

That is so great! Who teaches your girls piano? I want my boys to take it when they get just a little older. By the way, I LOVE the pictures of Derek running and laughing. He is so adorable!

Bryan and Sarah said...

How awesome! That's so great that they did such a great job! How cool that they practice the piano!

mikayla said...

Hey Sadie, her name is Susan Gardner and she is here in SF her phone # is 798-9402. She is a great teacher! She suggests starting them when they know how to read. I started Mikayla in Kindergarten but didn't start Katelyn until 1st grade..so it just depends on the child.