Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas day 2009

I woke up around 7:30 & came out to find Mikayla & Katelyn sitting patiently at the top of the stairs peeking at all the presents:) So I got dressed and ready and we gathered everyone up and came out to open presents around 8:00. After presents we had cinnamon rolls, breakfast casserole, and orange juice. We spent most of the morning undoing twisty tie things from all the toys to get them out of their boxes...that's my FAVORITE part:) The girls got a Piano, a sled, a game, & a rubiks cube from Santa; Derek got a full set of the cars from the "Cars" movie, some shoes & a shirt from Santa; and Addy got a new toy. I think they all got everything they could have asked for and more...we are very blessed!

Ryan got a space heater for the man cave- a.k.a the garage:), a couple ties, some jeans, a sweater, & some snow gloves. I got a jewelry box, a blendtec blender, and a new LARGER crockpot.

After we opened presents we headed up to my Dad's around 2:00 and had a yummy turkey dinner and opened presents with them & Sterling & Hayley. Ryan got a leatherman and I got a turkey platter & gravy boat, the BEST mixing bowls, & some rubber spatulas. We also got a drink pitcher with glasses, some cute FHE activity/game books, & a delicious ice cream topping kit that Sterling & Hayley got us from Michigan...Thanks guys! We had fun spending time with the family. The kids had fun playing with all of my little brothers & sisters:) Thanks Dad & Susan for the great food, gifts, & for having us over!

On the way home we made one last stop at Stephanie and Matt's to see them. They gave us some gift certificates to see a movie, which we can't wait to use...I LOVE going to the movies...but HATE paying for them! Thanks guys:)

Overall, we had a wonderful Christmas season! We enjoyed staying up late wrapping presents, eating way to many sweets, drinking hot chocolate by the fire & the Christmas tree, eating delicious food, listening to Christmas music, reading Christmas stories, making gingerbread houses, sledding, going to Christmas parties & programs, looking at Christmas lights, watching it snow, & thinking of Christ.

Opening Stockings:

Mikayla...
She was very excited about the ipod adapter cord so
she can hook it into her radio speakers:)

Whitney...
Laying all of her stuff out neatly:)

Katelyn...
Checking out the silly putty Santa left her:)

Derek...
Saying CHEESE:)

Addy...
Eating the most nutritious part...the orange, peel & all:)

She decided to try out the puff snacks...


Mmm..I think she likes them hehe:)

The girls with their piano...
I hope this means more cooperative practicing from here on out...
cross your fingers for me:)

Mikayla trying out the new sled...

Katelyn


Derek...
He asked Santa for LOTS of cars...I think Santa delivered:)


Katelyn trying out the new piano

Derek playing with cars at Grandpa's house


Addy in her new strawberry outfit...


Kieara & Derek...
So proud of their little hiding spot:)


Addy found her some plastic food to chew on...

Addy:)

Derek being sneaky...

LOL! Derek & Kieara hiding in the cabinet

Derek & Kieara playing in the tent...

Derek...SO excited about his new scooter.
I think Reece may want a try at it too:)
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!! Bring on 2010:)

1 comment:

Joshua and Tara said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas! Your kids are getting so big...especially Addy, what a doll!!