Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Stadium of Fire!

First of all...Sorry about all the scrolling I didn't want to make slide shows or a collage, so there are a ton of pictures to scroll through! Anyways, the 4th of July morning I woke up and thought...hmmm I think I am going to try to get tickets for the Stadium of Fire. So, I posted an add on Ksl saying we wanted 5 tickets and a lady called that had 5 tickets on row 22 of section 34 which is a lower section at about the 50 yard line and it was chair seating & we got them for 55 a piece! The girls were so excited to go see Miley Cyrus! I have always thought the jets flying over are so cool, Derek was fascinated by them and the helicopter that was circling the stadium before it started. Glenn Beck did a great job and the dancers performance was really neat, the girls had fun watching that. I have never seen the Blue man group before, I thought they were just amazing how they can make music out of there little pipe things! The girls were so excited when Miley came out and they had a good time dancing and singing to all the songs. The Fireworks were GREAT!! My girls said those are the best fireworks they have ever seen:) Derek was a little scared so he cuddled up with Mikayla and then he fell asleep...so sweet!



Before the show...
Derek was perfectly content with his little pile of popcorn:)


The crazy sky divers

The Flag & Dance performance

The Blue Man Group

Miley Cyrus!!

Some of the GREAT fireworks!

Derek was a little scared so he cuddled up to his big sis:)
Watching the Fireworks


Whitney and her snazzy glasses...they made the fireworks look "cool" she said:)


Ope...looks like Derek has had enough for the night

8 comments:

Chelsi said...

How lucky! I heard people were scrabbleing to sell their tickets! We had fun, your seats were tons better!

Lacie said...

That's the way to get tickets, good job! I can't believe your took Derek, and that he was content. Thanks for getting a picture of yourself!!!

Jen B. said...

LUCKY!!

Stephanie said...

It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love the pictures of the kids and thanks for posting pictures of you too cause your beautiful! :) I love the pic of Derek sucking his thumb! So cute :)

Saedi said...

That is so much fun! Derek has to be the cutest little guy I have ever seen, and Mikayla is such an awesome sister to help out with him! Your family is so darling. Oh, by the way, there is NOTHING on my recipe blog. It sounded like a way fun idea when I started, but my sister never uses it, so I pretty much have given up on that idea. I've already started trying out some recipes from yours though! Cafe Rio Salad tonight!!!!

ciara said...

Oh man that looks so fun!! I cant freaking believe that you got tickets!! You are so lucky!!! wow! Thats cool that the girls had fun. And Derek....hehe...is so funny-its sad that he was scared but kinda funny too!! hehe.
Oh i put a link on my blog if you wanted to watch the news clip:)

Tandy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Corinne said...

You got great seats. We were just above you. It was a fun show, but my kids were asking to leave before it was even over.