Ryan got me an early Christmas present...my new sewing machine:) So I decided to put it to work and make a baby blanket & it was seriously SO MUCH FUN to make!! Here is the finished product...it is so cuddly and soft I love it:) Now I want to go buy a bunch of fabric and make a whole bunch of them...I think I found my new hobby:)
11 comments:
Way to go Melissa! Those blankets require patience and commitment! So very cute and girlie! What does Abishek think about it?
Oh how funny! When I had Eli I got on this same kick. I made SOOOO many, and even wanted to make one for every holiday. They are very addictive. It turned out very cute! Have fun making more. Maybe you can make all sorts of baby stuff...burp clothes and hooded towels thats what I am going to start doing.
That is SO cute!!! It's funny cause I'm actually working on a quilt like this right now! How big did you do the squares and did you put batting in between? Is that just flannel fabric?
Hey - I'll reply here :) How much fringe is around the edge - like what was your seem allowance? and did you use batting? See I have batting that is 6 inches by 6 inches so I was going to do my squares at 8 inches too and have a 1 inch seem allowance all the way around for lots of fringe- then I thought that might be too much...
Sweet :) K now I'm excited :) Yours looks cute without the batting and I like that cause then it's more like a blanket than a quilt... :) Well it's cute cute cute :)
WOW! You did such a fantastic job. I love it and when I have my next baby I will be calling you!
Wow that looks great! Great job. It's way cute!
One question: When are you going to teach me???
How stinkin cute is that!
Good job Melissa, looks great. Now you get to make a pillow and a bag and tons of other fun stuff to go along with it. Cute colors I love the fabric.
Cute blanket! I'm just binding Adelin's quilt that I started a year ago!
Post a Comment