Tuesday, October 7, 2008

It's Not FAIR!

So, tonight we had dinner...if you call the grilled cheese dinner:) I had a bad day and didn't want to stand in the kitchen and make something that all of my kids would just complain about anyways...so grilled cheese it was....Although, they still complained and none of them finished. GO FIGURE! They left it on their plates and went upstairs to play, and then of course you guessed it, came down later while I was enjoying my nice bowl of ice cream and decided to whine to me about how they wanted ice cream. So, I said well if you want ice cream you have to go finish your dinner first. Well, Mikayla and Katelyn turned around and whined and complained all the way up the stairs. Whitney went into the kitchen and ate her dinner and came back and said, "Mom, I finished my food can I have some ice cream?" So I said sure, and got her some ice cream...FAIR RIGHT!?? Well, while Whitney is enjoying her ice cream down comes the 2 whining brats that didn't eat their dinner...and all hell broke loose! Why can't I have ice cream!, how come you gave her ice cream!, I want ice cream!, I would have eaten my food if I would have known!!, and of course...THATS NOT FAIR!! Wahhhhhhhh!!!! At the end of my bad day this is NOT what I wanted to deal with right now so after trying to explain to them that Whitney ate her dinner and that is why she got ice cream....they weren't listening....so I told them to get out of my face and go brush their teeth for bed, so they went a safe distance from me and sat on the stairs and cried and whined some more...by this time I am about to blow my top...because if you ask me I was being absolutely fair RRRGGG!! Anyways, this continued on for about 20 minutes as they cried in between brushing their teeth and getting their pajamas on and told me how mean I am. They are in bed now without their ice cream...and I had to come and turn on some music and blog so I don't have to think about it or listen to it anymore. Why I am telling you all this...because I decided I hadn't posted for awhile and even if I had to write about something not so exciting, it is still important to remember the hard days too. And so that you all know that not all my days are filled with happy birthdays and good times...I too have my bad days unfortunately:( Hope your day went a little smoother:)

6 comments:

Jen B. said...

LOL!! I love this post, it always helps to know your friends aren't always perfect. Sorry you had a crappy day...There is nothing worse to me, than my kids interrupting my ice cream time!!!!! I know i can;t spell....Sotp laughibg!!!

Amanda said...

I am so glad that you shared that. Dosen't it seem that we all pretend that our lives are oh so perfect. When in reality your post is what most days are like. You rock, and I am sorry you were having a bad day. Next time lets go get a pepsi. It always helps!

Anonymous said...

You have these days too?!! I'm glad you stood your ground on the ice cream Sometimes, its so much easier to just give in. Glad you didn't. Your not the only one that had days like that. Next time I do, I'll post it. Hope you got soe time to yourself once the kids were in bed.

Corinne said...

I'm sorry. I have never had a day like that!!! J/K Only every day. Don't ya just love it when they say how mean you are. I tell them they need to go live with someone else, then they usually shut their mouth.

Jennifer Parcell said...

I think when it comes to this, phsical force is the only solution. You have to beat them into submission! Next time they will eat their grilled cheese or you will put them to sleep! Or you could tell them ," You can have a nice bowl of shut the hell up!!!" Either way you are awesome! Keep your head it!So as to not drown in the sludge of life!

Joshua and Tara said...

I am so glad that someone else's kids do that too! My kids are horrible about eating dinner! It is so frustrating! Thanks for being real on your blog. Most of us don't do that. We watched the Sound of Music today and the kids march to a whistle and are perfectly behaved...maybe i should get a whistle!