Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our 24 Stories of Christmas


This year I decided to start a new tradition starting on December 1st, we will have a story every night through Christmas Eve. So... I gathered up all of our favorite Christmas books, along with some great stories that I found in this months Ensign and Friend, & a few favorite Christmas movies that we will make a movie night out of to make a total of 24 from tomorrow night until Christmas Eve. I wrapped them, numbered them, & put them in a basket and the kids will take turns opening the story for that night:) I think this will help the kids remember the true meaning of Christmas, while having a fun time together at the same time!

6 comments:

Hayley said...

that is a great idea!

Lacie said...

I have heard a lot of people doing this, they all have been a little different. It sounds fun!

Bryan and Sarah said...

That is such a good idea! I think I'll start that too!

Jen B. said...

I want to do this too, I would have to go to the store, I think I only have about 10 christmas books......we'll see

Stephanie said...

That is such a fun idea! :)

Jennifer Parcell said...

I am such a cry baby! Seriously that touched me! I am a little late, but that is a great idea that I must copy! And try to suck it up and stop crying long enough to see the words to read!